It is a spectacular sight to see the bats emerge from the bridge at sunset!
It is a spectacular sight to see the bats emerge from the bridge at sunset! An estimated 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats live under the Congress Avenue Bridge. It is the largest urban colony in North America, recognized by National Geographic, The Discovery Channel, and various other news media. Come relax on the lake, observe our unusual attraction, and listen to the narration and history provided by your captain.
All bat watching cruises will be on one of our two smaller boats, The Southern Star or The Little Star. Most public sightseeing cruises will be on The Lone Star.
March - October
- 1 hour tour
- Reservations recommended
- Departure time is approximately 30 minutes prior to sunset.
- Departure times may vary, please call for the departure schedule.
- 32' and 35' Electric cruisers
- Adults - $12
- Seniors (60 and over) - $10
- Children (12 and under) - $7
- Children (2 and under) - Free